Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Be yourself" or not?

Many say to be yourself so that people like you for who you are. But many people also might not like you because of some actions you did to them. And you were being yourself. So the thing is, are we supposed to change ourselves for the better? Or just continue being yourself?

Me, being a person who treasures friendship (like a lot), I personally feel that I should change myself for the better.

I have a history of real bad attitude. So I've lost many friends which of course, made me quite depressed. I cried myself to sleep, cut myself and etc. (Note to haters: I'm not trying to attention seek here.) And so I was pretty lonely, during my lower sec years. And I was bullied. For my looks and my attitude. It sucked big time. And I was VERY paranoid. Constantly asking, "Do you hate me?" And people found me a nuisance.

So it struck me. It's time for a change. I was constantly trying to change myself so that the people around me would not dislike me. I had a really hard time changing, I must say. I don't really know why either. But so far, I think I have made a little improvement in my attitude. I mean, people still dislike some of the actions I do to them. I'm actually still changing myself. And I'm still very paranoid. Of my friends disliking me.

Nobody's perfect. We have to improve our flaws so that we can be better right? Sometimes, my insecurities just get the better of me.

No comments: